President Jonathan says Nigerians will praise and appreciate him more when he leaves office. He said all the criticisms he has received from Nigerians so far is expected of any serving leader. He said it's only when leaders leave office that people will begin to see and appreciate their good works.

Pres. Jonathan made this remark while receiving the state Governor Dickson Seriake and traditional rulers from Bayelsa state at the Presidential villa in Abuja today December 30th
"I always say that I will not even expect praises now because hardly do people praise serving leaders. It is when you leave, people will begin to know. When you leave, people will begin to compare what you have done over the period vis-a-vis what others have done, then they will compare you with whoever takes over.
 Probably that is the time some people will begin to say good about you. But I will do my best to make sure that we do change things. We are trying to create enabling environment for our economy to thrive irrespective of the challenges we are having in the petroleum sector and the security challenges we have. I will do my best so that by the time I will leave, you will be able to say that when our son was there, he served the country well so that one day, another son of Bayelsa may be given another opportunity to serve Nigerians", he said.

0 comments:

 
Top